Nubia Rëzo, Master Hair Stylist, Curl Specialist & Founder of Rëzo Salon
Jan 24, 2024
Meet Nubia Rëzo, Master Hair Stylist, Curl Specialist & Founder of Rëzo Salon located at 226 Fifth Avenue in Flatiron.
1. Briefly describe Rëzo Salon and the one aspect as a master stylist and curl specialist that you enjoy the most.
Rëzo the brand was conceived with the goal of empowering the curl community, celebrating textured hair, and promoting healthy hair habits, all through expert curl education and product knowledge. What I enjoy most is the transfer of knowledge and empowerment from those that learn and perform the method and those who receive it.
2. Tell us about your signature rëzoCut and innovative approach to cutting curly hair.
It’s the most precise curly cut in the world. You can wear your curls naturally or have your hair blown out and you will still be able to style with ease. The bigger the curls, the closer to God. Our trademark Rose cutting technique creates body and volume that you will love.
3. During this post-holiday season of renewal and self-care, what salon services do you recommend for your customers?
Post-holiday season is when you should really be treating your hair and yourself! Severe elements such as cold winters cause the hair to become brittle and weak and prone to breakage. Incorporating our Rëzo serum or our in-salon Rëzo mist and steam treatment locks in that moisture that gets stripped out and promotes a healthy scalp.
4. You’re a native of Colombia with more than 40 years of experience in the hair care profession. You also own an academy that educates stylists about coloring and cutting techniques. What inspired you to pursue this industry and entrepreneurship?
My inspiration to become an entrepreneur in this industry is to show society that no matter where you come from, if you can dream it, you can achieve it. I wanted to create a brand that would leave behind an educational blueprint for those who share the same passion worldwide to understand and celebrate textured hair the way it deserves to be.
5. For those who desire to have their own business, what professional advice can you share?
My advice, don’t ever give up. Rejection is just another door opening to an opportunity that you may have never considered before. Stay committed, don’t quit, and stay true to what you believe in.
6. When you’re taking a break from the salon, how do you like to spend your time in Flatiron and NoMad?
When I have free time in the Flatiron and NoMad area, I love to take a stroll, enjoy a meal and margaritas at The Smith restaurant, look at all of the amazing shops, and enjoy going out with my co-workers.
7. Finally, choose three words to describe Flatiron and NoMad.