January News Roundup
News highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron & NoMad News.
Restaurants & Bars
- Avocaderia opened their flagship location at 245 Fifth Avenue in NoMad (via New York Business Journal).
- Koloman was featured in ‘The 38 Essential Restaurants in NYC’ (via Eater New York).
- Award-winning steakhouse Hawksmoor NYC launched their Sunday Roast (via Eater New York).
- Towa and Noda were featured in ‘The Absolute Best Omakase Sushi Spots in NYC for Every Budget’ (via Thrillist).
- OkDongsik, the pop-up collaboration with Hand Hospitality was featured in ‘The Hottest Pop-Ups in NYC Right Now’ (via Eater New York).
- Reservations are open for booking at The Virgin Hotel that will open in February 2023 (via Hotels Magazine).
- The Ned NoMad was noted in ‘January 2023: Our Most Exciting New Hotels’ (via Michelin Guide).
- Architecture firm Lissoni & Partners is set to complete its first U.S. hotel project of Hotel AKA NoMad (via Mansion Global).
- Nubeluz, the rooftop bar at The Ritz-Carlton New York, NoMad, was highlighted in ‘A Fun Guide to Dry January and a Booze-Free Winter 2023 in NYC’ (via Thrillist).
- The Freehand Hotel and The James NoMad were featured in ‘The 14 Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in NYC’ (via Gotham Magazine).
- Under Armour is opening at 139 Fifth Avenue in Flatiron (via The Real Deal).
- Italian furniture company Boffi|DePadova is set to open a 19,964 sq/ft showroom at 99 Madison Avenue (via Commercial Observer).
- Cushman & Wakefield has negotiated a 25,000 sq/ft office lease at 48 West 25th Street (via REBusiness Online).
- Urban Standard Capital in partnership with Compass Development Marketing Group announced the launch of sales at the boutique condominium 142 Flatiron located at 142 West 19th Street (via Real Estate Weekly).
- MediaCo Holding, parent company of radio stations HOT 97 and WBLS signed a 16 year lease for 25,000 sq/ft at 48 West 25th Street (via Commercial Observer).
Around the Neighborhood
- The exhibition “Havah…to breathe, air, life” by artist Shahzia Sikander opened at Madison Square Park Conservancy and on the rooftop of the Courthouse of the Appellate Division, First Department of the Supreme Court of the State of New York (via The New Yorker).
- “Hip Hop: Conscious, Unconscious” opened at Fotografiska, the photography museum in Flatiron (via Time Out New York).
Header & Thumbnail Photo Credit: The Virgin Hotel