December News Roundup
News highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron & NoMad News.
Restaurants & Bars
- Chef Daniel Boulud announced the opening of a French steakhouse and market at One Madison Avenue in 2024 (via Crain’s New York).
- Zaytinya and Marta were featured in ‘Where to Eat on Christmas Day in New York City’ (via Eater New York).
- Pure Grit BBQ, the vegan and gluten-free barbecue joint in Flatiron, was featured in US Magazine (via US Magazine).
- OkDongsik, the Seoul-based restaurant in partnership with Hand Hospitality, was featured in ‘The Hottest Pop-Ups in New York City Right Now’ (via Eater New York).
- King David Tacos and Koloman were featured in ’23 Great Breakfast Options in Manhattan’ (via Eater New York).
- The Virgin Hotel is preparing for a grand opening at 1227 Broadway in NoMad (via New York YIMBY).
- Le Meridien New York, Fifth Avenue was highlighted as ‘New York City’s Chicest New Hotel’ (via Gotham Magazine).
- Remedy Place was featured in ‘The 5 New Best Spas and Wellness Centers in New York City’ (via New York Post).
- Arc’teryx opened a Pinnacle Store (6,600 sq/ft) at 149 Fifth Avenue in Flatiron (via Fashion Network).
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, NoMad was noted in ‘Four of the Best New Hotels in Manhattan, New York’ (via Forbes).
- Construction has topped out at SL Green’s One Madison Avenue in Flatiron (via New York YIMBY).
- Architecture firm Deborah Berke Partners signed a lease at 41 Madison Avenue (via Real Estate Weekly).
- Signal AI, the external intelligence company, doubled its offices to 11,140 sq/ft in a move to 440 Park Avenue South (via Commercial Observer).
- CompStak, the commercial real estate data platform, signed a new, 5-year lease for 25,664 sq/ft at 675 Sixth Avenue (via Real Estate Weekly).
- Grimshaw Architects signed an 18,000 sq/ft lease at 60 Madison Avenue (via Commercial Observer).
Around the Neighborhood
- Project New York announced its return to Flatiron from January 24-25 at the venue Iron23 (via WWD).
- The Flatiron Building was featured in ‘These Are the 10 Most Beautiful Skyscrapers in New York City’ (via The Travel).
Header & Thumbnail Photo Credit: Le Meridien New York, Fifth Avenue via Gotham Magazine