May News Roundup
News highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron & NoMad News.
Restaurants & Bars
- Thyme Bar was featured in ‘NYC’s Hottest New Cocktail Bars, May 2022’ (via Eater NY).
- Bear Donut, the South Korean-inspired donut shop opened in NoMad (via amNY).
- Omakaseed, the plant-based sushi omakase restaurant was featured in ‘9 Exciting New Restaurants to Try this Weekend in NYC’ (via Thrillist).
- Almond, the Flatiron bistro closed after nearly 15 years at 12 East 22nd Street (via Eater NY).
- The Lobby Bar at the Ace Hotel New York and The Clocktower at the New York EDITION were featured in ‘New York City’s Best Hotel Bars For Summer 2022’ (via Forbes).
- Whole Foods in NoMad set an opening date of June 1 (via Crain’s New York).
- Fotografiska and Poster House were featured on a NYC-ARTS episode aired on May 19, 2022 (via Thirteen NYC-ARTS).
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, NoMad welcomed Katie Donald to the role of Director of Sales and Marketing (via Hospitality Net).
- Catalio Capital Management, a life sciences investment firm based in Flatiron has closed a $381 million venture fund (via Crain’s New York).
- Jamb, the London-based design brand can be found at the ZAK + FOX showroom in Flatiron for a one-year pop-up residency (via Gotham).
- Tiffany & Co. extends its lease to keep headquarters at 200 Fifth Avenue (via New York Post).
- Mount Sinai Health System signed a 17,464 SQ/FT 10-year lease at 373 Park Avenue South for a new cardiology office (via RE Business Online).
- Columbia Property Trust, Inc. signed a full-floor lease with Cadre, a fin-tech company at 315 Park Avenue South (via Yahoo Finance).
- Madison House, the latest luxury residential development in NoMad, revealed its state-of-the-art amenities offering (via Wallpaper).
- Flatiron Northwest is the most expensive neighborhood in New York, New York (via Channelocity).
Around the Neighborhood
- Deborah Koenigsberger, the CEO of Hearts of Gold, was featured on NY1 on Mother’s Day to talk about her nonprofit’s work supporting homeless mothers and their children (via NY1).
- Northwell Health‘s Side by Side event celebrated members of the U.S. military and took place in Flatiron (via PIX 11).
Header & Thumbnail Photo Credit: Madison House