February News Roundup
News highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron News.
Restaurants & Bars
- Fast-casual restaurant Dim Sum Sam opened just east of Madison Square Park (via Eater NY).
- COTE Korean Steakhouse and Hawksmoor NYC were featured in ‘The Top Steakhouses of NYC’ (via Eater NY).
- Flip’d by IHOP launched its first vegan menu item, the Plant-Based Cali Sandwich (via Fox Business).
- Thyme Bar‘s Mixologist Jeremy LeBlanche shares his favorite things (via Penta).
- Comodo was featured in ‘The 15 Hottest Restaurants in Manhattan, February 2022’ (via Eater NY).
- Bastian Germer has joined The Ritz-Carlton New York NoMad as General Manager (via Hotel News Resource).
- The New York Tabletop Show will hold its final trade show produced by Forty One Madison this April (via Gifts & Decorative Accessories).
- The Museum of Sex had a Valentine’s Day event, “Love Lockdown” with complimentary cocktails, gift bags, and access to exhibits (via Time Out NY).
- Gaingels located in the Flatiron District was featured in ‘The List: Most Active Venture Capital Firms’ and earned second place with 51 investments (via Crain’s New York).
- The Miami Heat were seen enjoying NYC nightlife at Bounce Sporting Club before playing the NY Knicks (via Landon Buford).
- The launch of sales began at the luxury condominium Flatiron House located at 39 West 23rd Street (via YIMBY New York).
- The recording studio, Heard City has signed a 10-year lease renewal for the entire fifth floor at 16 West 22nd Street (via Connect CRE).
- Media company Morning Brew has leased 37,650 sq/ft at The Kaufman Organization’s Cluett Building at 22 West 19th Street (via Commercial Observer).
- Exterior work is nearing completion on the Virgin Hotel, a 38-story tower at 1225 Broadway in NoMad (via YIMBY New York).
- Bank OZK is taking over financing at the Ritz-Carlton New York NoMad with a $200 million refinance loan (via The Real Deal).
Around the Neighborhood
- The Flatiron Building, Madison Square Park, and Fotografiska were featured in the hit Netflix series Inventing Anna (via Untapped Cities).
- NYFW’s Carolina Herrera show took place in an empty retail space in the Flatiron District, paying homage to where the New York garment industry was born (via Fashion Network).
Header Photo Credit: Dim Sum Sam via Eater NY.
Thumbnail Photo Credit: Flatiron House.