November News Roundup
November news highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron News.
Restaurants & Bars
- Bar Milano, a new indoor restaurant concept opened in Eataly Flatiron (via Time Out New York).
- Gumption Coffee is opening a new location at 940 Broadway (via New York Business Journal).
- Mark’s Off Madison was featured in ‘Esquire’s Best New Restaurants in America, 2021’ (via Esquire).
- Vegan restaurant Eleven Madison Park was featured in ‘Finest Michelin-Rated Restaurants in the US’ (via DL Mag).
- Burger chain Shake Shack has plans for major expansion (via Commercial Observer).
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, NoMad is set to open in early 2022 and has begun accepting reservations (via Travel + Leisure).
- The Evelyn Hotel and The New York Edition Hotel were featured in the ‘Best Luxury Hotels in New York’ (via The Times UK).
- The NoMad Hotel is set to reopen in summer 2022 as the Ned, a Soho House-operated hotel and members club with a flagship in London (via Bloomberg).
- Telehealth firm Thirty Madison announced it will open a physical clinic for its hair loss brand (via Crain’s New York).
- A.R.T. NoMad and The Glass Ceiling were featured in ‘The 10 Best Rooftops to Visit in the Tri-State Area’ (via Hoboken Girl).
- Microsoft has signed a major lease of 150,000 sq/ft of office space at 122 Fifth Avenue (via Crain’s New York).
- Telehealth company Life MD signed a deal to move to its first permanent offices in NoMad at 236 Fifth Avenue (via Commercial Observer).
- NoMad is ‘New York City’s Hottest Residential Neighborhood’ (via The Real Deal).
- Excavation has begun at the residential 1,011 ft tall skycraper at 262 Fifth Avenue in NoMad (via New York YIMBY).
- Non-profit Henry Luce Foundation signed a full-floor lease at 41 Madison Avenue (via Commercial Observer).
Around the Neighborhood
- The art installation Interwoven by architectural firm Atelier Cho Thompson was unveiled in the Flatiron Public Plaza (via Secret NYC).
- Le Creuset’s Harry Potter food truck handed out free themed food and cookware on the corner of 25th Street and Broadway (via Elite Daily).
Header Image Credit: The Ritz-Carlton New York, NoMad.