September News Roundup
September news highlights include restaurant openings and announcements, new office tenants, and hotel construction progress. Stay in the know with the latest Flatiron News.
Restaurants & Bars
- Chef Rick Bayless opened fast-casual restaurant Tortazo NoMad at 1123 Broadway (via Nation’s Restaurant News).
- Dominique Ansel Workshop is featured in ‘The 15 Hottest Restaurants in Manhattan, September 2021’ (via Eater NY).
- Members-only Chapel Bar at Fotografiska opened inside a 19th-century chapel reimagined (via 6sqft).
- London-based fine-dining steakhouse Hawksmoor opened in the historic United Charities Building (via 6sqft).
- Eleven Madison Park reopened with ‘tres-chic’ plant-based menu (via Veg News).
- COTE Korean Steakhouse, ilili, Rezdôra and SONA are featured in ’18 Places to Splurge for a Special Occasion in NYC’ (via Eater NY).
- The Ritz-Carlton NoMad is set to open in early 2022 at 1185 Broadway at 28th Street (via Boss Hunting).
- Luxury British furniture brand Timothy Oulton opened a new flagship gallery offering customers a unique retail experience (via Home Accents Today).
- GLOSSLAB, the membership-based nail studio partners with Federal Realty to expand its locations (via Yahoo Finance).
- Tia, the Flatiron-based women’s health care startup has raised $100 million in Series B funding (via Crain’s New York).
- At TADA! Theater, the Emerging Artists Theatre has announced the return of their biannual New Work Series that’s on from October 4-24, 2021 (via Broadway World).
- Tech giant Microsoft is closing in on a deal for 100,000 square feet in the Flatiron District (via Fortune).
- Deerfield Management located at 345 Park Avenue South added nearly 300,000 square feet in lab space following a $300 million renovation (via Crain’s New York).
- Restaurant group Hand Hospitality took 3,500 square feet on two floors at 44 East 21st Street for a new and upcoming eatery (via Commercial Observer).
- DeMuro Das moved into a new showroom space at the top floor of the Goelet Building (via Architectural Digest India).
- Mezeh Mediterranean Grill coming soon to 900 Broadway will open a second location next year in Midtown West (via Real Estate Weekly).
Around the Neighborhood
- Artist Maya Lin’s exhibit Ghost Forest raises awareness surrounding climate change through mid-November (via Ecowatch).
- American Express installed mobile office stations designed for business owners on the go as part of its ‘Built for Business’ campaign (via CampaignLive).
Header Photo Credit: Chapel Bar via 6sqft.
Main Page Photo Credit: Ritz-Carlton NoMad.